Saturday, January 20, 2007

Many People Would Like To Publish a Book

Im sure you are one of the many people who would like to publish a book. It is a dream many of us have and until recently, the dream seemed out of many of our grasps. There are many options for someone who wants to publish a book, but it is a good idea to do a little homework before contacting a publishing company with your manuscript.
I have found that the Internet is a valuable resource and as a writer I find that it is a great way to find writing jobs. One writing assignment involved writing a manuscript for a publishing company. The book that I wrote is part of a series of books that address questions about specific careers. The assignment was ideal for me because I wanted to publish a book about being a therapist who works with autistic children. My topic fit the publisher’s needs and I went to work.
I completed the first draft of the entire manuscript in a record two-month period of time. I worked on the book for about six hours every day, often staying up way past midnight to get my thoughts organized into the text. I found that we would publish a book on my topic, but not in the near future. I completed the manuscript about six months ago and I just now got the contract from the publisher. I still have to read and sign the contract to get things moving.
I am pleased that I will have the opportunity to publish a book in the upcoming year, but I still have a way to go before the book hits the shelves. The editor is going to go over the manuscript on a page by page basis. I imagine that this will take a great deal of time. That is not a problem for me. I am a diligent writer and my desire to publish a book is a driving force that will keep me on my toes.
I have looked into other ways to publish a book as well but I find some of the options a little confusion. Lulu is a company that will publish a book for an author through its print on demand program. I am not sure if this is a viable option for me. I am not one for vanity publishing and Lulu seems to have some of the qualities of a vanity publisher.
For right now, I’m sticking to working with a publisher on assignment. If you want to publish a book, you may want to use a company like Lulu, but if you want to publish a book that will be read, consider working with an editor.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

looks like this guy is fond of your words enough to call them his own. http://merpetsales .com/?p=145

Muna wa Wanjiru said...

Hello,
Am sure you have heard of private label articles. May be you should try www.articleunderground.com especially if you are a google adsense publisher. You should leave a post in my site. I will show you how am making $100 average per day using this kind of stuff.

thanks
muna wa wanjiru

Muna wa Wanjiru said...

Hello,
Am sure you have heard of private label articles. May be you should try www.articleunderground.com especially if you are a google adsense publisher. You should leave a post in my site. I will show you how am making $100 average per day using this kind of stuff.

Muna wa Wanjiru is a Web Administrator and has been researching and reporting on Publishing for years. For more information on Publish a Book, visit his site at PUBLISH A BOOK